I am feeling very honoured and excited to have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by fellow book blogger, Sharon @chapterinmylife Sharon loves Books
It’s the first time my blog has been nominated for anything so I am absolutely thrilled Thank you Sharon
So this is what is required of me.
RULES OF THE AWARDS
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
*5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
*6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How did I start blogging??
I hadn’t thought about doing a blog at all until Joanne Robertson and Robin Roughley ganged up on me and suggested I did, no correction, until they bullied me into it but in the loveliest way. Joanne even gave up a whole afternoon and came over to my house to help me set up. Gosh that woman has patience. Then Robin let me practice my first blog on him which was dreadful and had a whole two likes, yep Robin and Joanne! The times in those first few weeks that I nearly jacked in but they both encouraged me and love it now.
Advice to new bloggers
- It takes time to get followers and the best way to do that is to get out there read and like other bloggers tweets, check the book sites too and share. It isn’t any good saying no one follows you if you just wait for people to come to you, put the work in.
- Blogging takes me hours each day but I do it because I enjoy it, if it becomes a chore cut back, say no and catch your breath. It isn’t a job it is a hobby. If you are ever stuck ask for advice everyone is so friendly.
Right the hard part 15 bloggers that I feel deserve this award from me
- Joanne Robertson @mychestnutreadingtree
- Drew @thetattooedbookgeek
- Caroline @bitsaboutbooks
- Claire Ayres @brizzlelass
- Rose Amber @roseamber
- Claire @art&soul
- payel @Indianhomecooking
- Claire guest reviewer @crimebookjunkie
- Linda @lindasbookbag
- Sarah Hardy @bytheletterbookreviews
Of course thank you again to Sharon @chapterinmylife for this award so of course I include you too
Thank you all for all your support love all your blogs and many more too